Planning for retirement also means thinking about the financial legacy we would like to leave behind. This can include providing for our families and loved ones or a favourite charity.
Minimizing taxes and other estate costs likewise becomes an important element in leaving a lasting legacy.
Here are some things you’ll want to consider when thinking about preparing your estate:
- Do you have a will and if so, is it up-to-date?
- Do you have any investments in your portfolio with a death benefit guarantee?
- Do you know if your investments will bypass your estate when you die?
- Have you thought about the taxes payable on any capital gains that might result from your investments when you die?
- Do you have any investments that can protect your principal?
- Do you have investments in your portfolio with growth potential to continue to grow the legacy you will leave?
For more information on Legacy please contact Ana Martinho today!